Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Love Monkey


I wasn't sold on this show when I watched the first episode. All those voice overs, explaining to me what was going on and who everybody was were frankly annoying. But, as the episode went on, I became more interested. I am a huge Tom Cavanagh fan, ever since Ed. And, I'm glad to see him back on a decent show. However, not all that excited about Jason Priestley. He's on a wait and see basis with me. Rounding out his circle of friends are the obligatory girl friend (not dating), the slick womanizer and the apparently gay ex-athlete. Cavanagh's character, named Tom, is a A & R guy at the big record label. He's idealistic and all about the music, so of course he loses his job. He toys with starting his own label, but gets hired by an indie, and meets a hot chick. Kind of cliche, especially since there is all kinds of tension between him and his friend Brandy (Judy Greer). Will Tom stay true to his musical soul, will he get the girl, will he hook up with Brandy? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: