Thursday, March 23, 2006

Daydream Believer

Sometimes in life, we lose things. An item that was once so dear to us, suddenly vanishes. It could be because of a move, a bout of house cleaning or a desire to "simplify." But, sometimes, you want the item back and you become obsessed with finding it. For times like these, I thank my lucky stars that eBay exists.

It has brought great things back into my life, like a My Little Pony that I once owned and lost. Or the villainous Sour Grapes from Strawberry Shortcake. My sister managed to find both of these for me on eBay and brought them back to me again. It was so great.

Since then, I have used eBay for many things, but my quest for two items in particular has been a true eBay adventure. The first item was a black Swatch that I purchased in Switzerland when I was 16 years old. It had black hands and numbers on a black face and it was the coolest. Somewhere along the way, I lost this watch, and was devastated. My honey bought me a cool Swatch as a replacement, but it just wasn't the same. Several attempts to find the watch on eBay were fruitless, and I lost a bid for one I thought was it. But, I finally found THE watch and it was the best possible scenario. A "Buy it Now" in my price range. So, I snapped it up, PayPal'd it and it should be here soon. I am elated to have the watch I loved so back in my life. I just won't be able to know the time at the movies.

But, the quest that has eluded me so far, is the search for my beloved Prairie Flower. She was a dusty-pink, banana-seat bike and I loved her. She came with a brown basket and a bell, and I thought I was the shit on this bike. For some reason the bike was sold, or given away to some cousin's cousin. No one is quite sure what happen to her, but she is gone. And, I want her back. I don't have any really great pictures of me on the bike, but someday, I will have her again. Someday, I will type the words into eBay, and there she will be. And, I don't care what it takes, I will have her home again.

Some one out there has a Prairie Flower, and will someday want to clean out the garage or the shed and think, "How about I sell it on eBay?" I will be waiting patiently for that day. Until then, I will dream of riding down the road on my own Prairie Flower, wind in my hair, my bell ringing in my ears. I miss you, girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a prarie flowers bicycle!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/bik/886210045.html