Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm Going to Live Forever

So, I'm innocently passing the time at work today on the internet, and I come across this article on The Age (Melbourne newspaper). It turns out a German study revealed that people who are forced by their jobs to be genial and nice all day, are more likely to be sick. Apparently all this mass-marketed and forced friendliness that I am required to give all day will drive me into an early grave. As if my job didn't suck bad enough, now I have to worry that all the fake smiles I dole out every day will give me a freakin' heart attack.

The study says that faking emotions leads to depression and that in turn lowers your immune system. And, if you do it long enough, in addition to random shooting sprees, it can lead to long term health problems. And, when you are forced to swallow big old handfuls of shit from belligerent people, not expressing yourself is actually harder on your heart than if you speak your mind and just tell them they are a douchbag. To quote the study "Being friendly against one's will causes nothing but stress." Amen, my sister.

1 comment:

Greazy Tony said...

This is some good work out of you, and The Age.