Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Stone Cold Concert Crazy


Tis the season, it seems, to go to as many concerts as humanly possible. It all started last year with two trips to Atlantic City, to see Missy Higgins and Henry Rollins, respectively. Followed by Death Cab for Cutie. Then, again this February, as you all know, we saw Hank again. And, now it is truly on. Till the break of dawn. On March 22, it is Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins. Then, on March 29, it is David Sedaris. Come April, it is Dinosaur Jr on the 4th (the reformed original line up, I'll have you know), followed closely by Death Cab for Cutie (again, naturally)/Franz Ferdinand on April 8th. We kick off May with Lisa Loeb on the 1st. Then, the shows continue into the summer, when my mom and I will be rocking to Kenny Rogers in August.

I'm sure there will be more, but as of right now, I'm a little booked up.

Going to concerts was something I did a lot, back in the day (which was Wednesday, by the way). Then there was a long dry spell where I just didn't go to many concerts. And, during that time a lot of bands that I really liked, and never saw live, broke up. And, I got really tired of that happening. Missing the chance to see Hey Mercedes, a band I truly love, was the last straw. I decided, No More. Now, if you are near me, look out, because I am going to try and see you. And, it has opened the flood gates for what I am doing now. Stay tuned for reviews, experiences and so on. . .

No comments: