Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meh


I don't know what exactly is going on with me, but to sum it up . . .I'm just bummed out. I hate my job, and I'm sick and tired of about every little thing that goes along with it. I'm not excited about Christmas, I couldn't care less about shopping or carols or cards. Even things I like aren't doing it for me right now. Music doesn't sound good, TV is boring and I can't get through a page of a book without re-reading it twenty times.

I have felt this way from time to time, but for some reason right now it all feels more profound and hard. Not to minimize true and deeply serious depression. I'm not there. Never thee fear my loyal readers. (all five or six of you) Just bummed.

So, the lack of production, the lack of anything interesting to say all stems from this bleak, kind-of greyness surrounding the Inkster right now. So, for the time being, I'll curl up in my softie pants, drown my sorrows in Morrissey and Iced Tea, and hope for the best.

How can such a relentlessly cheerful time make me feel so shitty?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

depression doesnt have to manifest as severely as people make it seem. Just because you're not ready to off yourself (or someone else) doesnt mean that your depression is any less 'real' than someone's who is. You don't need to feel like what you're feeling is invalid.

Also, this time of year is commonly when people feel most depressed.

I hope things get better soon.