Monday, February 11, 2008

That's Absurd!!


I don't watch the Grammy Awards any more, because honestly, I don't really care. But, I felt the need to give an example of why I don't care anymore. Thanks to Herbie Hancock, I didn't have to look very hard.

Herbie Hancock is a fine musician and performer, and deserving of accolades and awards. Just not this one. Grammys are for popular music, well most of them. Lord knows they have more catergories than any awards show should. But, a fusion Jazz artist's tribute to Joni Mitchell featuring Lenard Cohen and Nora Jones. Yeah, that screams album of the year. You're right. Come the hell on Grammy voters. Get it together. Young people buy and listen to music and they don't know who Joni Mitchell or Herbie Hancock are. Get it together. I guess you should just be thankful that Kanye West didn't storm the stage.

1 comment:

Greazy Tony said...

John Hancock? It's Herbie Hancock! Hell, young kids today haven't even seen Tommy Boy to only know Herbie Hancock from this quote... that's how out of date he is.