Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Catharsis for Fun and Profit


Look around your house right now. How much of what surrounds you is stuff you actually like, need or want? It sounds like a stupid question. I mean, who doesn't want their own stuff. But, since I've started weeding out all the crap from my life, it has become clear to me that there is only so much stuff one needs. I'm sure at the time everything I've bought seemed like a good idea. But, right now, I'm looking at an ever-growing pile of yard sale items, and wondering why some of it was ever purchased. Some are gifts from others, some of it was impulse. But the bottom line is, it is all useless to me at this moment.

I'm hoping that I can find some worthy souls to take this stuff off my hands. I'm sure someone out there needs an ironing board, or seat cushions, or Spongebob Uno. But, it's not me. I actually am one of those people who enjoy cleaning and getting rid of stuff. It is so soothing to me. It truly helps me de-stress to toss things out, clean them up and get rid of them. In fact if any of those clean-em-up shows need a new face, let me know. I would love it. I think Neecy and I would make a great team. Until then, I'm here, dear friends, if you need someone to help you clear out. I promise, I'll be gentle.

4 comments:

Greazy Tony said...

NOT THE SPONGEBOB UNO!!!!!!!

mad scientist said...

I am doing the same thing!! We moved boxes to NJ-never opened them-and them moved them back to PA. I threw them out WITHOUT opening them on Saturday!! So liberating!!

Anonymous said...

How far are you from Vancouver Washington?

I desperately need help.

Angry Inky said...

I'm in PA, on the east coast, so it would be a hike. How much would you pay? ;)