Tuesday, July 22, 2008

RIP Estelle Getty


I am so sad that my favorite Golden Girl, Sophia, has passed away. I always found her to be a kindred spirit, and the character on the show with the best lines.

Check out the reruns on Lifetime if you don't know what I am talking about. Here are some of my favorite Sophia-isms.

"Maybe the paperboy is right, maybe I am just a mean old lady."

"I lived eighty, eighty-one years, I survived two world wars, pneumonia, a stroke and two operations. One night I'll belch, and Stable Mabel here will blow my head off!"

"Why do blessings wear disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

"There's two things us Sicilians know... When pasta sticks to the wall - it's done... when a body sticks to cement - it's dead."

"Jealousy is an ugly thing Dorothy, and so are you in anything backless."

"Please. Dust reminds you of something that happened back in St. Olaf."

Rose: "Sophia, do you think it's wrong for a girl to sleep with a man on their first date?
Sophia: "It's a sin."
Rose: "See, Sophia agrees with me!
Sophia: "No, all I said was it's a sin. Personally I'd go back to eating fish on Fridays if His Holiness gave that one the green light!"

1 comment:

princess1128 said...

Great minds....