Sunday, February 26, 2006

Curious George


I'm pretty much a fan of most kids movies. Some of the Disney/Pixar movies are just plain awesome. And, I'm not ashamed to say I cried at Bambi, Fox and the Hound and Monsters, Inc. So, when I was invited to attend Curious George with some kick ass kids, my three nephews and my niece, of course I said YES! It was a great movie, featuring the voice of the incomparable Will Ferrell. He, of course, was the Man in the Yellow Hat. He goes to Africa to find an artifact to save his job at a fledgling museum, and accidentally brings back the lovable and cute-as-hell George. Much hilarity ensues. I won't give away any more, but needless to say, we all learned a valuable lesson. Not the least of which is that movie food in hella expensive.

But, a good time was had by all. There is nothing cuter than looking over in the dark and seeing my mom holding my nephew in her arms, totally entranced by the movie. It was sweeter than sweet. It is just one of the great moments. So, run out and see a feel good kids movie. Will Ferrell is great, and David Cross is the perfect bad guy.

No comments: