Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Make Up: Untouchable Sound


When I first heard the Make Up, I was blown away. They were just weird and wonderful and I loved them immediately. That is why I was so excited to hear that there was a live album coming out this February. I picked it up the day it came out, and I was suitably impressed. The same great sound and crazy asides fill the record. And the sound quality of this recording is great. It was recorded live in 2000 at the Black Cat in D.C. by one Mr. Brendan Canty. (If you don't know, I don't have the time to explain)

While their live album "Destination: Love" was also great, "Untouchable Sound" is just that. It brings such life to classics like They Live by Night and I Am Pentagon. I listened to it non-stop when I first got it, and I'm still cranking it right now. There is just no good way to explain the music of the Make Up. No words seem to do it justice. The whole crazy-noise-like Dub Narcotic thing people try and pin on it just doesn't fit. I say listen for yourself and decide. Decide like I did, that it is fabulous.

So any Make Up fans who've been missing them a little, check out the new/old record. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments: