Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Harmony in my Head


So, I've been staying up late. Especially on Tuesdays. Particularly on Tuesdays. Late, staring at my computer screen, listening to a radio show, streaming from L.A. Until 1 am. Making me cranky and tired for my shit hole job the next day.

As if my Henry Rollins obsession needs to be fed any more, he has blessed us all with the return of his radio show, Harmony in my Head, on Indie 103.1. So, every Tuesday night, I stay up late, and listen. To stuff I know, stuff I've never heard before. Stuff that sucks, stuff I love, all of it. No matter what it is, I listen. His fanatical footnotes to each song (live, bootleg, German pressing and the like) and the story that goes with it are almost as entertaining as the show itself. Those people who are crazy like that, like me, appreciate the subtle differences things like this make. His story about the first time he saw Ian Svenonius of Nation of Ulysses of course in no way compares to the time I met him at a costume shop in Maryland, but it makes me feel like less of a geek for being so excited by it.

So, screw the job, screw the sleep, I will continue to while away the hours listening to the man spin the tunes, and turn me into a true fanatic.

2 comments:

princess1128 said...

Hey My Ween - So you're sitting up late at night listening to Henry Rollins huh? No problem - my love man Dale Jr is going to have his own XM radio show starting 2/13 - I might be forced to sit in my garage late into the night listening on my car radio. There is nothing wrong with being a fanatic - enjoy!!!!
Love Your Ween

Camie Vog said...

Ha, ha, ha....obsessed with Mr. Rollins, huh? Go to my blog and find out some old dirt on him...
Yeah, he's a really nice guy...yeah, he's soooo punk rock.