Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jazmin, She's no Princess

I'm sure you've all heard of the show "My Super Sweet Sixteen" on MTV. If not, well, consider yourself informed. I've seen it several times, and I've watched it the same way you watch a car wreck. But, a particular episode caught my eye recently. It was the story of Jazmin and her rags to riches life. She was a foster child and she was adopted by a super rich couple in Erie, PA. And, in one short year, she went from poor girl in the slums to the most superficial, mean and spoiled girl I think I have ever seen on that show. And that is saying a lot.

Jazmin flies off to NY for a little dress shopping, in the family private plane, but turns bitchy when her "friend" Brittany tries on dresses too. Then, when casting lifeguards for her beach themed party, Brittany invites guys over that Jazmin just doesn't like. So, after shopping for a sports car with her, Brittany is told that she is no longer a "VIP" (one of Jazmin's other friends had to ask what it meant) and can't ride to the party in the limo. An attempt by Brittany to call Jazmin is met with the VIP's laughing at her and telling her that Jazmin is busy, even though Brittany can hear her voice. My favorite part of the show is when Jazmin is telling the others that Brittany is out of the VIP's. One of them asks why, and another random girl says, "Because she's short, fat and has a big nose." The girl is taller than Jazmin, probably weights 90 pounds and well, I don't remember her nose.

This show is just another example of the tragedy that is the youth of today. This girl came from nothing, and forgot about decency and kindness as soon as she was shown the benjamins. The one highlight of the show was watching the vapid little frog-face fail her permit test. As a PA resident, I can tell you, it's about the easiest thing in the world.

But, don't worry Jazmin, that $50,000 BMW more than makes up for the fact that you have no soul. When you crash it, I'm sure you breast-implant-having mom and you face-lift having dad will just buy you a new one.

*New episodes of the madness return to MTV on April 12th.

4 comments:

Real Live Woman said...

Amen, sista! I've only seen a few episodes and can rarely make it through a whole one.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - I can't belive how much she's changed in one year...she should appreciate what she's been given and not abuse it!

Chris said...

So right. I agree, sometimes I wish people made money off of niceness. We'd have poverty up to our ears.

Anonymous said...

yeah... i live in erie pa.. and i went to her high school but i never met her but its all rich people.. and alot of the girls are like that so whatever...