Tuesday, May 02, 2006

#44


I have been absent from my blog lately. Mostly due to the fact that I have been completely uninspired. I haven't been feeling strongly about anything, at least not anything good, and I find I dwell too much on the bad shit as it is. So, why write about the bad, when I can't even think of anything funny to say about it.

I am attributing this feeling to the fact that I am thinking back to a year ago. When I was climbing bridges, swimming with the fish, holding wild animals in my arms and driving on the wrong side of the road. This time last year, we were in Australia, and having the time of our lives. On this day, last year, we were getting ready to spend our second-last day in Sydney. I'll never forget turning a corner and seeing one of the most famous buildings, the Sydney Opera House, for the first time. We shopped for records, and probably walked 15+ miles in one day. Then, we jetted to Cairns, and dove on the Great Barrier Reef, held a koala at the Kuranda Animal Sanctuary, and cruised the harbor by the light of a million new stars. Then, we finished in Melbourne, quite possibly the coolest city ever. We drove the Great Ocean Road, cruised the Queen Victoria Markets and ate delicious muffins in a garden sanctuary in the middle of the city.

This year, I am here. There is no awe-inspiring view from my window. No wild adventures waiting when I wake up, no jet lagged laughing sessions in the middle of the night. Just work, home, and waking up to more of the same. So, sorry for the lack of posts. I'll be back to (relatively) normal soon. Until then, I'm ten thousand miles away.

No comments: