Thursday, June 29, 2006

Top 25 Albums, Part 5

5) Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
No matter how many records they put out, this one is still my favorite. I just think it is the most fun and the most interesting. "Sounds of Science" and "Shake Your Rump" still make me want to dance.

4) Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over Me
Seeing them in concert (finally) this year reminded me how much this album burned up my car stereo. As far as I'm concerned, this record is a must have.

3) Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory
A record that made me appreciate how great a pop song can be. There was a time when I listened to this record non-stop for about 8 hours. And, it only made me love it more. Another great live band, too.

2) Cure - Disintegration
The Cure don't need to be justified.

AND THE ONE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR > > > > >

1) The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
I know, I know, you're all sitting there saying "Meat is Murder" is better. But, fuck you, you are wrong. This album is by far and away better, and no one will ever convince me otherwise. A truly life-changing and influential record. It kind of changed the whole course of where my tastes were musically. Who hasn't wanted to hear someone say "To die by your side, well, the pleasure and the privilege is mine." Lyrically and sonically perfect.


So there it is, my list. Like it? Hate it? So be it. It was fun, though.

No comments: