Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Top 25 Albums, Part 4

10) Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out
Sleater-Kinney first caught my attention with this record. It was hard to pick a favorite with these ladies, but I think this one still wins. They just announced their "indefinite hiatus." And, by some stroke of amazing luck, I'm catching one of their last shows in Philly on July 31st.

9) Pixies - Doolittle
I don't know what to say about this record that hasn't already been said. I just love it. It may be a little cliche, but I don't care.

8) Fugazi - 13 Songs
Amazing, amazing, amazing. "Waiting Room" is one of my all-time favorite songs. Can't think of a bad tune on this one.

7) Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
If there is one cure for wanting to put my fist through a plate glass window, it is cranking this CD up to 11 and screaming along. Also, it reminds me of some great times, oddly enough. Plus, you know how I feel about Trent.

6) Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
A better record from the 90's you'd be hard pressed to find. Another classic from my youth that I never get tired of. Still have the worn out cassette.

No comments: