Friday, August 03, 2007

Who Does That?

Anyone who knows me knows that the title of this post is one of my most often asked questions. I truly have the desire to know what possesses people to do the things they do. What makes people think that certain things are acceptable behavior? I find myself saying it or thinking it on a daily basis. Here are a few example of what I'm talking about. You decide, Who Does That?
  • Takes a metal shard from out of their boot and hands it to someone to "throw away."
  • Asks a female co-worker to help a guy push his disabled vehicle out of someone's way.
  • Tells a stranger to smile more, and that it may not make her feel better, but it will help her look better.
  • While seated at a table at a restaurant, hears someone at the next table say "dickhead" and moves tables in disgust.
  • While discussing professionalism with a subordinate, stops to take a phone call in which a woman's appearance and willingness to put out are discussed.

These are just a few of the genius things I am privy to everyday. I marvel at the stupidity, the thoughtlessness and the downright asshole nature of people.

No comments: