Monday, August 06, 2007

Hating Giada


I'm not quite sure when my hatred for Giada De Laurentiis started, but it is very real. I can't stand her. She bugs me even more than Rachel Ray, and that is saying a lot.

I've had the displeasure of watching her recently, as my husband likes her breasts. She did a show where she went to D.C. to show us the culinary delights of the town. She went to the farmer's market and took tiny bites of things. She went to restaurants and took tiny bites of her meals. Basically she's one of those birdy-bite women who has to stay skinny so they never truly eat.

But, here's the real kicker. She went to the Chocolate Buffet at the Ritz Carlton (which I have done) and proceeded to pile her plate full of chocolate wonders. She comes back to her table with a cookie in her mouth, and proceeds to take a tiny bite of each thing, and that's it. An ordinary person pays $25 dollars for the pleasure of eating all this greatness. She has to "be good" and only take a wee bite of each. What a shameful waste.

And, how, pray tell, can every food item on earth be creamy in texture. Everything this bitch makes is "creamy" or very rarely "nutty". She also does that annoying thing of pronouncing some words with an Italian accent, even though everything else is perfect English. I know she is Italian, but it is annoying as fuck. We get it, you're from Italy. Bully for you.

So, I feel better now that I've gotten that off of my chest. Sometimes hatred is hard to explain, but easy to enjoy.

2 comments:

princess1128 said...

Wanda calls her "jiggily boobs" - I don't think she likes her either.

Anonymous said...

I hear you. She drives me batty in completely different ways than Rachel Ray does. Can't stand either of them.

Yet, Giada DOES have nice boobs... gotta give her that.