Monday, November 05, 2007

Stop Ruining Everything, Geeks!!


I've just about had it with people. Why is everyone out to ruin everything I watch on television? It is no secret I love Man vs. Wild. So, some douche bag comes along and says "Hey sorry, loyal viewers, shit's not real." Thanks for the newsflash, asshole. It's television. Of course it's not real. Some of the scenes are staged? The hell you say. What am I? An idiot. I don't need people to protect me from the fact that television isn't real. I get that. Now, with all the disclaimers and bullshit, the show sucks. So, thanks. You succeeded in ruining the show for me.

God forbid things aren't real on television. Except when it comes to all these fucking sci-fi shows and the geeks who spend countless hours rehashing them and comparing them to things and basically sucking any life out of them. Lost, Heros, Battlestar . . .FUCK OFF AND DIE!! Who cares which manga/anime/comic book this shit is based on? I don't care which graphic novel is cited heavily in the episode. You all suck. Everything isn't Star Trek. It doesn't need to be dissected. Don't start websites devoted to "figuring out" what Lost means. You'll find out soon enough, and then you're life will really be over. Just let it be.

For all people's crying about shows like The Office not being enough like a real office, they don't seem to mind time portals or purgatory or dead cheerleader crap on other shows. I see, for that you can suspend disbelief. But not for anything else. Makes perfect sense.

Just leave my television alone. Let me watch in peace, without having to watch a webisode and show up at this bathroom stall at midnight to find out what the show was really about. It's television. Just watch it.

No comments: