Saturday, November 03, 2007

My Month Without Pants, Part 2


As promised, more low-lights from my time on the couch.

There is really only one advantage to having your leg in a cast. Someone getting stuff for you. My dear Greazy had to be my slave boy for nearly 5 weeks. Bringing me drinks, getting me snacks, helping me get up the stairs. He was a trooper and didn't complain too much. At least not until the end, when I was crutching around like an old pro.

The other perk of being a temporary cripple is the day time television. From previous posts, you know I love Maury, and he is on about 10 times a day. But, there is only so much baby daddy drama one can take. Luckily there are lots of options for television. Reruns of classics like MASH. Soap operas. And, god bless TiVo. How I loved it so.

When people are mobile and not hopping on one foot, you rarely think about trying to get off a toilet with only one leg. Give it a try sometime. Go ahead, I'll wait. It's not so simple is it. It is a fucking chore. Until you go somewhere and discover the handicapped toilet is actually made for this express purpose. I'd have one in my house by now if it didn't look so odd.

The last installment . . .creepy doctors, STD and freedom.

No comments: