Friday, February 10, 2006

Guilty Pleasures: Television


Now, here is where we really get serious. There are so many choices here for guilty pleasures. I mean, reality TV alone makes for a veritable treasure trove of gorgeously bad television. I used to be on a strict diet of no reality television, but I broke down some time ago. That is not to say that there aren't scripted shows that fall under this category as well. So, here we go:

Maury Povich - David, You are the father! Priceless.
Instant Star - NOGN show about a Canadian girl who wins a singing contest, and much drama ensues.
True Life - This MTV series is great. Some of the high points being, "I have a friend with benefits" and "I want plastic surgery."
Nip/Tuck - Not so much of one anymore, but it is a terrifically bad show all the same
Starting Over - Middle aged women with tremendous issues. Hilarious!!
Made-for-TV movies on ABC Family - Like Lucky Seven with Kimberly Williams-Paisley. It was precious.
Dancing with the Stars - I adored this last season. John O'Hurley rocks my world.
Real World/Road Rules Challenge - I used to watch these a lot, but now they are so over the top, I can't even take them anymore.
Elimidate - This is a classic G.P.
Cheaters - Don't see it very often, but the host got stabbed for god sake.

There it is. A brief look at some of the trainwreck television we all love to watch, secretly of course.

1 comment:

Real Live Woman said...

I watched all of "Lucky 7" yesterday and I had actually seen it before! The entire time, I kept saying to myself, "I really should be doing something else with my time. I've already seen this movie," but I couldn't resist.