Thursday, February 09, 2006

Guilty Pleasures: Music


We all have them. Those songs that we love, but don't tell anyone we love. This is another hot topic of conversation amongst my friends. I stopped apologizing for my musical tastes years ago, but I have to admit there are a few tracks that I just adore that get me laughed at, or worse. But, I am not ashamed. Because, people, it is sometimes fun to dance around your house to a really sweet, crap-tacular song. So here is a short list of some of mine, in no particular order.

Wait - White Lion
She's Only 17 - Winger
We Built this City - Starship
Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls (really, I celebrate their whole catalogue)
Back For Good - Take That
Supermodel - Rupaul
Weak - SWV
Prove Your Love - Taylor Dayne
Yeah - Usher
Escape - Rupert Holmes
Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton feat. Kenny Rogers
Hold On - Wilson Phillips

So, there . . . what are your guilty pleasures?

2 comments:

Real Live Woman said...

When "reality shows" first swarmed the airwaves, I didn't watch any of them and still watch very few. But I'm reluctant to admit to anyone that I watch "Dancing with the Stars" and "Dr. 90210." I love me some Dr. Rey!

One of my sister's all-time greatest guilty pleasures was "Doc" with Billy Ray Cyrus on PAX.

princess1128 said...

What a fabulous topic - I'll have to address that on my own blog. I also agree with "real live woman" about watching Dr. 90210 - I'm devoted.