Thursday, April 13, 2006

Geek Squad Must Die!!

We've been having some computer woes. We thought that getting some new virus and spyware stuff would fix it. But, it didn't. We saw a commercial for those Geek Squad guys at Best Buy, and we thought it was something we should look into, as we were coming to the end of our ropes. We took it down, they said they could install the new hooey and that everything else looked fine. Turns out not so much. We were told by them that something else was wrong and they wanted $59 and A WEEK to find it. Not even to fix it, just to find it. So, we told them no thanks and went down to pick it up. At this point, I was very angry and stressed out. So, when we go down to get it, the Geek starts getting our stuff together. Then, he tells us we have to buy the software anyway, even though he couldn't install it, because they opened the package. I was so pissed off I could barely see straight. Then, the guy says, "You seem a little stressed, is there something I can do for you?" In this really snotty voice. I almost jumped over the counter and beat this little snot-nosed punk to death. But, cooler heads (my husbands) prevailed. When I tell him they coulddn't help me, obviously, he said, "Well, we offered to run the diagonstic but you said no" I was ready to beat him again. Who the hell is this guy to patronize me when not only am I having to pay for shit I can't use, but then he can't even fix the damn thing. So, he is lucky to still be alive right now.

SO, to all my readers and anyone else out there. DON'T TAKE YOUR COMPUTERS TO THE GEEK SQUAD AT BEST BUY!!! They are clueless, mean and overpriced. Luckily, our friend Jon, has a brother-in-law who can fix computers. It took him one hour and he didn't even need to do that much to it. So, Ricky, you are the man. Geek Squad, you best recognize that when you can't even figure out what is going on with a computer, you best not talk shit!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Just goes to show you Best Buy will do just about anything to make a dollar.