Monday, June 26, 2006

Top 25 Albums, Part 2

20) Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba
These guys crack me up. They are silly, geeky and write the funniest songs. "Stuart" made such a big impression on me that it became my senior quote in my yearbook. Of course, this is also the record that contains "Punk Rock Girl" which brought them their MTV success. I still fancy this one the best, although you really can't go wrong with most of their catalogue.

19) Missy Higgins - The Sound of White
Going on a trip to Australia brought me many things, including some great Aussie music. Missy Higgins is a cute-as-a-button singer/songwriter that sings about love, loss and finding your own way. Her songs got us over the Pacific Ocean and trailed us down the Great Ocean Road. It is all at once sad and beautiful. For someone so young, she packs such an emotional punch. If you've never heard her, do yourself a favor and check her out.

18) Liz Phair - Whipsmart
Everyone always says her best record is "Exile in Guyville", but I disagree. I think that Whipsmart is by far her best. Despite all the recent cries of sellout from the hipsters, I still think that Liz Phair is a rockin' indie chick.

17) Velocity Girl - Simpatico
Sweet and infectious pop songs. That is what Velocity Girl does.

16) Descendents - All
When I first heard "Coolidge", I fell in love with the Descendents. West coast punk at it's finest.

No comments: