Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Angry Inky's Day Off


Last week, I played hooky from work. I don't often do this, usually if I'm taking off work, clearly it's for a live music performance. But, I woke up that morning and thought "How can I possibly be expected to face work on a day like this." And, what better way to honor the 20th (can you fucking believe that?) anniversary of the classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off then with a day off of my own. After calling in with some lame-ass excuse, I was free. So, of course the first thing I did was go back to bed for like 3 more hours. Then, I got up and got to spend the day with my hubby, went for a drive, had lunch, dodged the afore-mentioned religious tactical team, and basically just had a great, fun day while the others toiled and scraped.

There is a lot to be said for the mental health day, and especially now that the weather is great, I encourage you all to do the same. Go ahead, steal the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California, go to the city, have lunch at the "snooty. . .snotty" restaurant, and then race home so you don't get busted. Whatever you choose, enjoy it. Remember, life is short, but work is long.

SAVE FERRIS!!

1 comment:

princess1128 said...

Today would have been a good day to be "sick". I can't believe Ferris is 20 years old. That makes me way older...